St John of God Accord provides a variety of services for people with disabilities across all areas of Melbourne.
Below are some links that you may find useful as either a client, family member or friend.
- Disability Act 2006 - The Act sets out principles for people with a disability and for disability service providers.
- NDIS - Information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provided by the Australian Government.
- Disability Services Commission - The Disability Services Commissioner is a statutory body that functions independent of government, the Department of Health and Human Services and Victorian disability services to provide a free, confidential and supportive complaints resolution process.
- Human Rights Charter - The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (the Charter) is a Victorian law that sets out the basic rights, freedoms and responsibilities of all people in Victoria. It is about the relationship between government and the people it serves.
- OPA Office of Public Advocate - Office of the Public Advocate (OPA) promotes the rights, interests and dignity of people with disability (specifically intellectual impairment, mental illness, brain injury, physical disability or dementia) living in Victoria
- Valid - The Victorian League for Individuals with a Disability is an advocacy group for adults with intellectual disabilities and their families.
For more information about St John of God Accord please contact:
Phone: 1300 00 2226