At St John of God Accord, we are committed to providing excellent and compassionate support to all of our clients. In our accommodation settings we care for a community of vulnerable people and we are committed to ensuring we have best practice systems in place to minimise the risk of harm during this COVID -19 outbreak.
This week at SJG Accord we took the additional precaution by asking you all not to visit our homes at this time. I want to thank you all for your understanding and willingness to cooperate with us at this difficult time. Overwhelmingly there was a commitment to co-operate from you all and work with us to ensure the best outcomes for everyone.
Other measures that have been put into place within our homes during this time include:
Increased cleaning regimes
- Had our caregivers update their training on infection control and hand hygiene principles.
- Developed a protocol for Managing a suspected case within our homes
- Established Telephone screening for all caregivers and service delivery providers before coming to work in the home
- Identified additional caregiver supports required in each of our homes during this time.
- Provided each home with a smart device to enable face to face contact with yourselves and your family member.
The Executive Committee team and I are meeting and continuing to review all our processes on a daily basis, to ensure that we have the best processes and adequate resources in place within our homes at all times.
Finally, I hope that you are all managing at this really difficult time. If there is anything else SJG Accord can help you with please contact us. We are still running many of our services during this time and if we can assist you we will.
Should you require support at this time, please contact: 1300 002 226
If you are seeking information on coronavirus, the national hotline operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1800 020 080.